Thursday, August 18, 2011

Library of Congress, Washington DC

During the two days I spent in Washington DC, I saw so many interesting things. Let me tell you though if you are wanting to visit DC try to give yourself a minimum of a week if not more. I know I could have spent all day just in the Library of Congress let alone any one of the many museums.
Here are just a few of the photos I managed to take of the Library of Congress. I am sure that given more time I would have come away with hundreds of photographs of this building alone.


I was in total awe of the extent to which the architects went when designing this and other buildings in DC. Every inch of the inside of this building is so intricate and beautiful. Everywhere you look are intricate details can be seen in the paintings, mosaics, carved marble, 23 carat gold leaf, brass inlays and bronze doors and statues.  Every delicate detail is not only beautiful but tells a story of its own contributing to the educational value of this amazing structure. The building as a whole is a priceless work of art.

No comments: