Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday on Monday

This is my first time joining in the Sunday Scavenger Hunt at Ramblings and Photos, so I do apologize for being a bit tardy and posting on Monday instead of Sunday.





1. Bokeh

This photo was taken on Sunday September 4th during my hike at Palisades State Park.

#2 Process of Elimination
These clocks were part of a display in one of the vendor tents at this last Saturday's Sidewalk Arts Festival. To get this shot I had to time it so none of the many festival goers were in the photo. I could have captured just the clocks from direct on but I liked this angle so had to crop the photo to remove the edges of the display stand and a portion of the tent.

3. Remember
Taken yesterday in front of one of our local fire stations. The firefighters had placed a flag on their lawn for each Firefighter lost on 9/11/01.

4. Statues & Remembrance
I was surprised to discover that I had not taken any photographs of statues last week, so I decided to post this one from the archives of my trip to Washington DC a few weeks ago.  This group of statues depicts children during World War II who froze to death while they were transported from Poland to Germany, as part of the "Arianization" process.

5. Flying Higher
This one was proved to be a challenge. After missing a few shots that would have been fantastic, like a hot air balloon and jets in formation I decided to try and set up a shot. I thought it would be cool to capture one of the kids at the skate park catching air, but alas none got more than a few inches off the ramps. So instead I photographed my daughter swinging higher and higher.
Single shot flying high
3 shot digital composite multiplicity photograph
Next week's items are:

  1. Street Photography
  2. From a Distance (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Sunday (Danielle's suggestion)
  4. Liquid (Danielle's suggestion)
  5. Behind (Shay's suggestion)   

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Very creative work - I especially like what you did with flying high. Nicely done!

Saun said...

Love your flying high nice job! The statues are interesting but sad. Have a great week!

April said...

nice job on the flying high shot! and those clocks are so cool!

Reena said...

Love that swing shot .. very well done!