Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Welcome to one of my favorite photography prompt memes. 
This weeks prompts were more challenging than I had at first thought they would be. I am glad to say I managed to finish the challenge without having to draw from my archives. So here we go.
Beneath Your Feet:
All week I struggled over this prompt. Of course I was taking it too literal. I kept taking pictures of what was under my feet, with of course my ugly feet in the photo. Then while going through this weeks photos I saw this and was reminded how I found it. I am sometimes surprised by what I step on while my eye is glued to the viewfinder.


Capturing Movement:
This week I captured a number of really fun movement shots. It was actually pretty hard for me to decide which one to use. After a bit of arguing with myself the jet skis won.

Texture:
I find textures fun and interesting to photograph, but when I saw this I couldn't resist capturing it and using it for this prompt.

Face Your Fears:
Awwww, and for the most difficult of all the prompts. I am lucky to have few fears so I was at a total loss. Then while headed into down town Norfolk for some much awaited photo time I saw this.
See it there on the left. That little red pump! Now I don't know about you but that little light strikes a bit of fear into me when I am traveling in an area that I am not familiar with. So I though hey this could be my fear shot. Then it dawned on me for it to truly be a FACE your fear I would have to continue into down town where I had no idea where a gas station was or I could turn around and go back to the station a few miles back and find a different photo for this prompt. Well, I turned around. So once again I was at a loss. I thought, alright so what else do I fear... having my photo taken when I am not 'PUT TOGETHER' . . .  nope I didn't face that one either. So that left taking a photograph of a stranger from a distance of less than two feet. Well here you go I did face this one, and it wasn't bad. I didn't get caught.

Currently:
Currently I am having a blast with my grandchildren.

Now click on the link below to join in with Ashley Sisk and others for:




Next weeks prompts: Shine, Fast, Left, Peace, Plain




5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

You did great on your scavenger hunt! I especially love the Texture sign. Haha, way to go! Looks like a fun exercise that will get your creativity in gear.

SandeeNC said...

Loving the humor in your pictures, texture was priceless, but the photo of the stranger made me LOL because I have that same fear, there are usually a stranger I want to take their picture of but I refrain cause I don't want to get caught doing it! wtg! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Wonderful set - I really like currently.

Unknown said...

These are great photos!! I love your texture shot as a different take on the prompt.

JipetSun said...

A great set :D texture is a funny interpretation ! Thanks for passing by, see you soon !