Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekend Reflection:

Today's weekend reflection comes from my walk through the Freemason Street Historic District. Among the many beautiful homes sat Norfolk's first permanent library.

I was very tempted to call the number on the reality sign on the building to see if they would let me go inside and take pictures. I am rather saddened that this is on the market and not being used by the city for the purpose it was intended. 
Be sure to hop over to Jame's Weekend Reflection for more awesome reflections.

3 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful photo...i hate when a piece of history gets sold to a private party....

Amy Burzese said...

Architecture is one of my favorite things to photograph. That is a beautiful building. Hopefully, the new owners will have respect for it.

Gail Dixon said...

Beautiful reflections! Love the ornateness of the building.